1. To get started, you’ll need to setup your video and audio devices.
2. Switch from the Recording option to the Streaming option
3. Select your Streaming Platform by pressing the “+” button
4. In the “Add New Streaming Platform” window, select Smashcast/Hitbox and click ‘Authenticate’
5. Inset your Smashcast/Hitbox username and password to authorise RECentral 2 to access your account
6. On the next page you’ll be able to select your video quality and which ingest server you would like to use. For a list of our ingest servers visit https://help.smashcast.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2780004-list-of-smashcast-ingest-servers
Default will hop you to the closest ingest server to where you are located.
7. If you want to customise your stream quality, select ‘Custom’ and you will see the Advanced tab show up.
8. On this you can customise your resolution, bitrate, FPS, and keyframe. Our recommended settings can be found here
Note: Your keyframe interval must ALWAYS be 2
9. Setup your scene! Switch from your Dashboard to the Scene selector
10. In the scene creator, you can add new scenes which can include overlays, images, and webcam(s). You can adjust the order layers by clicking the icons, and resizing them by adjusting the borders.
11. Before you start your stream, double-check your microphone and audio settings - and when you’re ready...click STREAM to go live!